English | 18 Dec. 2013 | ISBN: 0321957415 | 208 Pages | PDF/EPUB/MOBI | 65.39 MB
With the ever-increasing must view websites on mobile models, websites needs to be adaptable to tons of of assorted show resolutions. In Responsive Design with WordPress, educated web developer Joe Casabona teaches you simple strategies to leverage WordPress to get in all probability probably the most out of responsive design, implement most interesting practices, automate very important processes, and make your life less complicated basic. You’ll start with a refresher on the core efficiency of WordPress, then dive into creating responsive themes and plugins. Uncover out what to ponder on the outset of the design course of to keep away from losing hours of labor all through redesigns. Examine up-to-date most interesting practices for determining breakpoints, accessibility, and stopping site bloat for increased client experience whatever the client’s connection tempo. Lastly, you’ll apply the foundations you examine to specific tutorials, harking back to developing gallery, map internet web page, and merchandise internet web page.
* Examine when to rely upon themes and when it’s best to utilize plugins.
* Apply your responsive CSS to a WordPress theme.
* Examine quite a few navigation methods, harking back to Bounce to with
* clear scrolling or Select area.
* Use customary responsive methods, like picturefill.js, to make photos reply to completely completely different show resolutions and connection speeds.
* Uncover frameworks, along with Bootstrap and Foundation.
* Receive dozens of code samples to help implement responsive design methods, and try your self with end-of-chapter quizzes.